sennder is digitizing Europe's logistics. We are a growing team looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Vetting team in our office in Berlin, Barcelona, or Madrid (full remote option also available).
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Fullstack Engineer you’ll work on interesting problems like developing UI, automations and building service(s) to validate carrier data and documents. You will work in Frontend applications (with VueJS) and in Backend (with Python). You’ll be collaborating closely with product managers/designers/ other engineers to develop the best products that help our users Onboard to sennder products.
The Vetting team is focused on validating carrier documents and information in order to work for sennder. Once a carrier submits their documents and information, our vetting agents use our product to assess carrier eligibility. We are aiming to have this validation process fully automated and the carrier will get feedback immediately . This is a pre-requirement for carriers to have full access to the marketplace.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Participate in building new solutions in the team’s scope; Develop new ideas for solving common and complex problems; Create Proof Of Concepts and present them to other developers
- Have ownership of team UI and Components libraries
- Take a lead role in architectural design
- Lead mid-sized projects from beginning to end, collaborating with other teams
- Work with talented and experienced engineers within an empowered, autonomous, and agile team
- Create documentation and improve the level of test automation to maintain the high quality of our products
- Drive quality across the stack, following solid principles while providing detailed feedback to our colleagues
- Participating in growing a solid microservice and micro frontend architecture, we are in the process of introducing service mesh, stable interfaces, and contracts for API, metrics etc.
- Improve engineering standards, and processes to constantly increase efficiency
- Collaborate with product managers to plan shippable features for launch
- Be an active member of the BE and FE developer communities and promote best practices in engineering and collaboration between teams
- Contribute to sennder inner source projects
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building and operating web applications
- Strong experience in Frontend applications, with Vue.JS and Backend applications with Python. Node.js experience is a nice-to-have
- Interest in technical topics rather than building fancy user interfaces
- Proven practical experience with different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms
- Practical skills with AWS, Docker, and modern CI/CD
- Good communication skills in English
- Practical experience with the concept of OOP and microservice architecture
- Keep growing your knowledge of different architectures, patterns, and programming paradigms
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing company with an international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 9 country offices with English as our company language
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Flexible working option - home-first work policy
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.