sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Accountant to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Finance department, based out of the Milan office and will report to the Head Of Administration & Finance.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
About The Role
As an Accountant you’ll be collaborating closely with the Finance Director of Milan to standardize our financial processes in order to help stabilize our rapid growth.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Prepare monthly group reporting according to IFRS in close cooperation with the local Director of Finance and the Group Accounting Director;
- Prepare the month-end closing (revenue and cost accruals, intercompany reconciliation, account reconciliations) in close collaboration with the sennder HQ team;
- Manage the daily accounting activities (fixed assets, payroll posting, prepaid exp, VAT, Withholding Tax, etc.) in close cooperation with our internal AP&AR and Treasury teams;
- Ensure local regulatory and tax compliance;
- Support preparation of monthly, quarterly reporting and financial statements;
- Assist with external audit requests / internal information requests;
- Support implementation and usage of Oracle Netsuite ERP to increase level of automation.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- Direct experience as an external auditor from a Big 4 or similar company, possibly with a few years in an internal role as accountant or financial controller;
- Degree in business studies with a focus on finance and accounting;
- Strong accounting and reporting knowledge in IFRS;
- Solid experience in Oracle NetSuite;
- Ideally a native level of Italian language and a very good English knowledge.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office (Excel, Power point), ERP systems (SAP required, Business Process Management systems is a plus), and database
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
What You Can Expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in the office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.