Safety, Security & Compliance Leader
sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a Safety, Security & Compliance Manager in the Legal department to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role is located in our Milan office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a Safety, Security & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive safety, security, and compliance programs, policies, and strategies. Your role will involve overseeing risk assessments, managing security protocols, ensuring regulatory compliance, and fostering a culture of safety and compliance. In this role, you will …
- Design, develop, and implement company-wide safety, security, and compliance programs.
- Oversee and manage the process of ensuring all suppliers receive up-to-date safety documentation of our clients. This includes both the initial distribution of safety manuals, protocols, and guidelines as well as any subsequent updates or amendments throughout the duration of the contract
- Manage communications with suppliers, ensuring all messages and inquiries related to safety compliance are promptly addressed. Address any deviations or non-compliances promptly, taking corrective actions where necessary.
- Send out formal warnings to suppliers who fail to respect safety measures and protocols. Maintain a record of these warnings and any subsequent actions taken by suppliers in response.
- Ensure the company adheres to all regulatory requirements, including the management of licenses, certificates, and insurance.
- Recommend and implement improvements in processes, practices, and tools related to safety, security, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain a database detailing suppliers' safety compliance records, training undertaken, feedback, incidents, non-compliances, and issued warnings.
- Manage communications with the external RSPP and work in collaboration with the Office Manager to ensure internal health and safety requirements.
- Foster a company culture that prioritizes safety, making sure every employee understands and practices safety measures.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Risk Management, Law, Business Administration, Compliance) or equivalent experience. Advanced degrees or certifications are a plus;
- Proven experience in safety, security, or compliance management roles, preferably in a similar industry or organization.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and discretion.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- You speak and write Italian and English fluently
- You have the ability to multitask and work independently with attention to detail and follow-through.
ABOUT sennder Italia
sennder Italia, based in the heart of Milan, is a joint venture company between sennder and Poste Italiane. Our company matches the digital and innovative focus on technologies and digitalization of sennder with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy, Poste Italiane.
We not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Read more about the sennder Italia joint venture here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
For the Milan office we offer: free on-site gym!Vibrant offices complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.