sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with courage and the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "Tech" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for an Engineering Manager - Vetting team, to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role can be based out of our Berlin/Barcelona/Madrid office (flexible working policy). We also offer this role remotely from Spain.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll take ownership of some of our cross functional value stream aligned team. Our teams are focused on building and iterating critical products to directly deliver values to our internal and external users. You’ll be collaborating closely with Product Managers, Program Managers, UX designers and Delivery Leads, developing technologies to digitalise and automate logistic operations to improve operational efficiency, and support the fast growth of our business.
The Carrier Vetting team provides tools for validating carrier documentation and helping internal users to determine if carrier is eligible to work with sennder. You will have the opportunity to grow this team.
You will define and deliver our tech and product roadmap, foster innovation and allow our multi-disciplinary team to be able to solve all the engineering challenges that come with scale and the complexity of the logistics business. We trust and support each other and encourage our engineers to connect together with regular knowledge-sharing sessions as well as being transparent and open with our company vision in regular tech all hands.
- Build, grow and guide the fullstack engineering team that solves difficult problems in the logistics space
- Drive external and internal hiring as well as develop our engineering talent into new challenges and roles
- Support individuals in their career development and personal growth
- Set the technology vision and architectural direction for your team and execute against that vision and agreed target state
- Work closely with the Product and embrace lean and agile product development practices and data-driven decision-making
- Continuously identify and resolve technical debt, quality issues, and gaps in engineering processes. Apply pragmatic solutions, find the right tradeoffs and seek to reduce complexity to help teams deliver and increase leverage for the organization
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Create a healthy culture of collaboration and inclusion, led by example in line with the engineering and company values where people can fulfill their potential and actively manage performance
- Focus on learning, applying, and extending best-in-class industry practices to continue to raise the bar on providing developer delight and speed of delivery for the teams
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Strong leadership skills to provide mentorship, vision, and motivation for teams and transform it into a successful execution strategy;
- Significant, sound, and proven experience in understanding different frontend and/or backend architecture patterns like microservices, event-driven systems, micro frontends, etc.
- Proven track record of taking a pragmatic approach to solving problems and passion about code quality
- Experience driving cross-cutting initiatives out of your daily team scope
- Being a good listener, but also arguing for the cause when needed
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to deal with change.
- Highly self-driven, professional personality with an aspiration to excel in your role
- Capable of taking a helicopter view of things to get the big picture while getting into details when needed, but understanding when it is appropriate to do so
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Fast growth scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- Prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and a one-time home office benefit to ensure that you're properly equipped wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
For each office we offer a vibrant office complete with healthy snacks, focus zones, and social areas to connect with your colleagues. For benefits specific to this office, please feel free to ask about the same to your recruiter when you speak to them, Click here for a virtual tour and better yet, hope to see you soon!
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at email@example.com. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.