sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In the traditional logistics industry, we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We move trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at exceptional quality. Get to know us better by reviewing our "About Us" presentation.
We are a growing team looking for a Senior Principal / Principal Software Engineer to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. The role may be located in Berlin, Barcelona and Madrid (flexible remote) and remote options in wider Spain.
WHAT YOU WILL DO …
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer, you’ll act as a Head of Architecture across the entire Engineering organization. You will be the most senior IC member of the Engineering teams and will be in the lead in creating the long-term technical strategy for our main products.
You’ll drive our modular architectural vision and set the technical direction, whilst coaching and mentoring our most senior Engineers, including Staff Engineers.
Reporting to our Chief Technology Officer, and a member of the Tech Leadership team, you'll be seen as the Technical Decision Maker for the entire tech organization. Strong leadership and communication skills are a must.
In this role, you will
- Take sennder to an enterprise level of maturity as we head towards an IPO, and lead our Engineering Foundations Group.
- Participate in migrating our monolith to modular architecture and microservices.
- Prototype and develop new major and minor features. We need strong engineering expertise and sharp original thinking to make the right choices.
- We need your support in growing a solid architecture that scales; we are in the process of introducing service mesh, stable interfaces, and contracts for API, metrics, etc.
- We will regularly ask you to evaluate and adopt new languages, technologies, patterns, and practices. Drive technical initiatives and encourage teams to adopt them. Create consistency between teams.
- Work closely with the CTO, Engineering, and Product teams to understand the business needs and define our long-term tech strategy. Influence product decisions/scope and determine technical tradeoffs to deliver customer value with high quality.
- Work with teams using AI and Machine Learning to empower our Smart Logistics.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR …
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, able to dig into code as needed. Able to discuss data structures to threading to memory management, etc. Expert skills with a compiled language such as C#, Java, Go, C++ …etc.
- Passion for discussing technical details, and a positive attitude that can earn the engineer's respect
- You have depth. You possess proven expertise in building backends and web service architectures. Deep experience in microservices architecture and event-based distributed systems.
- Deep experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and modern CI/CD.
- Experience with Python, Kafka, and Postgres will be highly beneficial.
- Experience in driving high-impact complex problems
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Experience with complex organizations with many stakeholders is a plus.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT…
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual potential of all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit and respect to build fruitful collaboration across teams. Learn more about who we are on our career site.
- Dynamic scale-up with an international team of 1000+ people, 74+ nationalities spread across 11 European offices. With English as our common language, we are able to work together.
- Learning and development on the job and with the support of a bi-annual review process, learning allowance, high potential programs, sennder onboarding academy, and internal trainings.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues through regular team events and company get-togethers such as our highly anticipated sennder Summer Camp.
- We prioritize employee engagement and mental well-being by fostering a supportive environment through the Likeminded platform and conducting regular employee satisfaction surveys.
- Hybrid work model where you seamlessly merge virtual productivity and in-office collaboration with your colleagues.
- Commuter allowance to assist employees with their daily travel expenses and support with equipping your home-office environment to ensure that you're properly set wherever you work.
- Competitive compensation package including objective-based bonus, referral reward, and in some cases virtual option plan.
We value passion and leadership, we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic, and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
If you have any questions or need special accommodation please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as you apply your journey with sennder begins.